Some cool news...
The site I own and run, www.letsgoblues.com (ahem...best darn Blues fan site on the planet), is now one of the featured sites on a new app developed by KMOV (ch.4) here in St. Louis. The app is called Hockey STL and one feature of the app is that it pulls in RSS Feeds from a few Blues blogging sites, which we are one of. The app also pulls in NHL headlines, standings, team roster, traffic reports, twitter feeds, etc...all Blues related stuff.
KMOV is supposed to promote this app on KMOV and 101.1 FM (ESPN Radio)...or so I am told by my KMOV contact.
The app is brand new and available right now for:
It would have been nice for this to come out a few months ago, you know, when the Blues were still playing...but better late than never I guess.
So I am sure everyone will be downloading it and checking it out. Correct?
I've been fortunate to be involved with some pretty cool things because of letsgoblues.com.
- I've interviewed Tom Calhoun (Blues PA guy) and he invited me down to ice level to chat before his milestone game...Bill was with me that game.
- Interviewed John Buccigross (ESPN).
- Keith and I were invited to watch a Blues-Hawks game in the KMOX press box right next to Chris Kerber and Bob Plager.
- I was interviewed over the phone by a Pittsburgh TV station before the start of the '09-'10 season to break down a Blues-Pens game.
- I'm included in the press release list for Fox Sports Midwest...which was funny because a couple years ago FSMW sent out a list of Blues media contacts out by mistake, and I was one of the recipients. In that list of contacts was the name Darren Pang. This was a full two days before they announced Panger was the new Blues color guy on the TV broadcast. Oops! I was told to disregard the email.
- LetsGoBlues.com was also featured inbetween periods of a Blues game on FSMW where they took a bunch of quotes from some of our forum members concerning a certain topic and they talked about it on the air.
- And now the KMOV app thing, which will surely be in the app store and android market halls of fame soon.
But the LetsGoBlues.com community members make that site what it is. Without them it would just be a regular old fan site with no visitors.> Add a comment >
Some nasty storms rolled through the area tonight. Tornados, high winds, heavy rain, large hail, etc. blanketed the bi-state area for hours.
We dodged most of it as they seemed to just graze us and went north of us. But that didn't stop the sky from looking pretty nasty overhead. A tornado was spotted just a few miles from us in Marine, IL.
> Add a comment >